Kandyby: Dhananji Liyanarachchi
Kandy is one of the most visited and most beautiful cities in Sri Lanka. This charming city offers a living record of a magnificent past as it is the last capital of the Sri Lankan kings.
The locals call it “Nuwara”, which means “city” in Sinhalese. The weather in Kandy is mild and cooler so it is a relaxed climate that everyone enjoys.
Things to do in Kandy
- The sacred city of Kandy – UNESCO World heritage
- Sri Dalada Maligawa or the Temple of the Sacred Tooth
- The Kandy Esala Perahara – The extravagant night parade
- The charming Lake of Kandy
- The famous Peradeniya Gardens – The largest botanical garden in the country
- Lankathilake Temple – Ancient Sinhalese Temple
- Gadaladeniya Temple – Ancient Sinhalese Temple
- Pinnawela Elephant orphanage
- Mahaweli River
Accommodation in Kandy
We offer a wide range of accommodation options in Kandy(more than 600) hotels in Kandy from small family-run budget hotels to five-star luxury suites in Kandy. We can help you find the best hotel deals in Kandy, which best suite for your budget. So your experience starts here in Kandy.