Galleby: Dhananji Liyanarachchi
Galle is a bustling city with plenty of sandy coves and it is the capital city of the Southern Province of Sri Lanka. The town has a World Heritage Site to its name and that is predominantly responsible for its popularity with tourists. There are plenty of other reasons to visit Galle and you can witness some of the most beautiful coastlines in Sri Lanka. Koggala is not far from Galle and it is the best place to see iconic “Stilt” fishermen in Sri Lanka.
Things to do in Galle
- Explore beautifully preserved colonial Dutch fort (called Galle Fort, which was built in 17th-century)
- Take a walk through the lanes to see the complex of colonial mansions, museums and arty shops
- Visit the Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery to see endangered sea turtles
- Take photos of Weligama’s stilt fishermen (one of the traditional fishing techniques), who fish from poles lodged in the sea
- Witness the devastation of the 2004 tsunami at the Talwatte Tsunami Photo Museum
- Stop for coffee or lunch at a local restaurant
Accommodation in Galle
Every year, more visitors flock to hotels in Galle, Sri Lanka. As the hotspot of the moment, there are many stunning beach hotels in Galle dotted across the golden coastline, and this would be the perfect spot for a family holiday or a secluded honeymoon hideaway.
If you’re looking for budget hotels in Galle, there are many affordable options to suit your requirements. You can enjoy an exciting cultural experience without breaking the bank. Alternatively, if you’re after luxury hotels in Galle, there are some breath-taking boutique options located not only along the coastline but close to the landmark Galle Fort as well.
We can help you to find a Galle hotel deal that perfectly suits your budget and needs. Contact us with any queries, we’d be happy to help you arrange your dream trip to Galle.
- Galle Heritage Villa – Located in the heart of Galle Fort and an ideal location to discover Galle. This boutique house has a lot of character that offers you everything you need for a perfect stay.